1 lb Ground Italian Sausage, bulk sausage, don't use links
1 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
1 large White onion, diced
4 tbsp Bacon pieces, cooked
2 tsp Garlic puree, (garlic press works fine)
10 cups Water
5 cubes Chicken bullion, (I used the Better than Bouillon stock from the soup section 1 tsp = 1 cube)
1 cup Heavy cream
1 lb Russet potatoes, sliced (about 3 large potatoes)
1/4 bunch Kale, sliced
1. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approximately 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
3. Mix together chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour
5. Add cream and cook until heated through
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving