6 tablespoons Butter, divided
1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
4 tablespoons flour
salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 cups half and half
2 cups chicken broth
8 ounces lasagna noodle
5 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
12 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
1. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and saute the mushrooms until lightly browned.
2. Add wine and tarragon and cook over medium heat until jucies have evaporated. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in flour, salt, nutmeg, and white pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring.
4. Remove from heat and slowly add half and half and broth.
5. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring until thickened. Add mushrooms. Set Aside.
6. Cook lasagne noodles in boiling water. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
7. Put a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 pan. Top with a layer of noodles. Spread 1/3 of the chicken over the noodles, followed by 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat two more times, ending with the cheese.
8. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40 - 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To save time, I used ground chicken, I think the last time I made it I didn't cook the noodles.