6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked wild rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup half and half
2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional
snipped parsely or chives
1. Melt butter in saucepan; saute onion until tender.
2. Blend in flour; gradually stir in broth.
3. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute.
4. Stir in rice and salt; simmer about 5 minutes.
5. Blend in half and half and sherry; heat to serving temperature.
6. Garnish with parsley.
Add 1/3 cup minced ham, 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot and 3 tablespoons chopped slivered almonds with rice and salt.