kalamata olives, pitted
1 each chicken bouillon cube
1 can tomato sauce (26 oz)
2 ounces brandy
8 ounces feta cheese
1 pound peeled raw shrimp (or 1 lb cooked chicken)
pasta or rice
1. In a large frying pan, saute one chopped onion and some fresh mushrooms in a little olive oil until fragrant and lightly brown.
2. Add, to taste, chopped garlic, kalamat olives, capers, and fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, and basil.
3. Dissolve 1 chicken bullion cube in 1/4 cup of hot water and add to pan:let liquid cook down a bit.
4. Add one 26 oz. can of tomato sauce, 2 oz. of brandy and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Just before serving, add 1 pound of peeled raw shrimp and 4-8 oz. of feta cheese. Simmer a few minutes until shrimp turn pink, stirring well. Spoon over rice or pasta.
This recipe serves 4 easily.
Cooked chicken may be used instead of shrimp.
I made it without the brandy and it was fantastic.