6 Green bell peppers
1 1/2 lbs Lean ground beef
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
3/4 cup Rice, cooked
2 15 oz cans Italian stewed tomatoes, divided
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 8 oz. pkg. Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut off tops of bell pepper and remove seeds and membranes. Place in roasting pan with salted water and boil. Cook for 10 minutes so they will be only partially done. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Brown ground beef and oinion in skillet and drain. Add rice, egg, 1 can tomatoes, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, and 1 tsp each of salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, add half of the cheese and mix well.
5. Stuff peppers with mixture and set upright in sprayed round baking dish You may have to trim little slivers off bottoms of peppers so they will sit upright.
6. Pour remaining can of tomatoes over top and around peppers.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes.