2 lbs. meat cut into bite sized cubes - Lamb (trad.), Pork, Chicken, Beef all will work
- skewers for grilling
- Sliced Italian bread or sub rolls
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vinegar (white or red wine usually)
- 1/3 white onion, cut into half rings
- 3 Tbsp. Dried Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper
1. Wisk oil, vinegar, and lemon juice together.
2. Add onion, Italian herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper to marinade.
3. Add meat and marinate in refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
4. Put meat on skewers and grill until done.
5. Pull meat off skewer using a slice of Italian bread.
1. You may have to adjust marinade quantity to cover meat.
2. A zip lock bag works well for marinating.
3. You can make extra marinade to sprinkle it on the finished spiedie.