6 tablespoons butter
1 small garlic clove (cut in half)
16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
2 pounds cleaned bay scallops
1 pound shrimp (peeled, cleaned and deveined)
1 box (16 ounces) rotini
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Dash kosher salt (or to taste)
Dash freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the halved garlic clove. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they are tender and lightly browned. Remove garlic pieces.
2. Add the bay scallops and shrimp to the sauteed mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
3. In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water following the package directions. Drain and return to the cooking pot.
4. Add cream and Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well.
5. Add the mushroom and seafood mixture to the pasta along with the pan juices. Toss to combine the ingredients and then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
1. We usually make this with Lobster, Scallops and Shrimp (total of ~3 lbs). Lobster is cooked before hand (sous vide at 130 for 30 minutes) and added to the other seafood to warm up shortly before serving.
2. We cook and drain the pasta, then add the cheese and cream to it and divide into bowls and top it with the seafood mixture.
3. Typically we use linguine or angel hair pasta.